Hello, fellow shooting enthusiasts! I’m excited to share with you an article that I found very informative and inspiring. It’s about the Grand American World Trapshooting Championships, the largest shooting event of its kind. You can read it here.
This article gives you a glimpse of the history and the highlights of this legendary tournament, which has been held annually since 1899. It also tells you what to expect from the next edition, which will take place in August 2023 in Sparta, IL. If you love trap shooting, you will love this article.
I enjoyed learning more about this amazing event and the people who participate in it. I was impressed by the skill and dedication of the shooters, as well as the facilities and the organization of the tournament. I hope you will find this article as interesting and inspiring as I did. Happy reading!
- The Grand American World Trapshooting Championships is the largest shooting event of its kind, with more than 20 events and thousands of shooters from all over the world.
- The tournament has a long and rich history, dating back to 1899 when it was first held in New York. Since then, it has moved to several locations, until it settled in Sparta, IL in 2006.
- The tournament features various categories and classes of shooters, from juniors to veterans, from amateurs to professionals. It also has special events for women, youth, and international shooters.
- The tournament is held at the World Shooting and Recreation Complex, a state-of-the-art facility with 120 trap fields that stretch more than three-and-a-half miles. The complex also offers camping, fishing, golfing, and other recreational activities for visitors.
- The tournament is organized by the Amateur Trapshooting Association, the governing body of the sport in the US and Canada. The ATA provides rules, regulations, awards, and recognition for the shooters and the event.
- The next edition of the tournament will be in August 2023, and it will mark the 124th anniversary of the event. It is expected to attract more than 10,000 shooters and spectators from around the globe.
The Grand American is more than just a shooting competition. It is a celebration of the sport and the community. It is a chance to meet new friends, learn new skills, and have fun. It is a tradition that honors the past and looks forward to the future. It is an event that showcases the best of trapshooting and its enthusiasts.
If you are a shooter, or if you are curious about the sport, you should definitely check out the Grand American. You will be amazed by the spectacle and the spirit of this event. You will be inspired by the stories and the achievements of the participants. You will be part of something grand and memorable. You will not regret it.
Related Articles From Around The Internet
If you want to learn more about the Grand American and trapshooting in general, you can check out these articles from various sources:
- Shooters returning to Sparta, Illinois, for Grand American Trapshooting Championships – This article discusses the future of the World Shooting and Recreation Complex, the host site of the Grand American, and the possible changes in its management.
- The Grand American World Trapshooting Tournament – This article gives an overview of the history and the highlights of the Grand American, as well as some facts and figures about the event and the sport.
- Timeline of the Grand American – This article provides a chronological list of some of the most notable events and achievements that happened in the Grand American since its inception in 1900.
- Trapshooting Timeline – This article traces the origins and the evolution of trapshooting as a sport, from its beginnings in the 19th century to its current status and popularity.
- A Short History Of Trapshooting – This article explores the cultural and historical aspects of trapshooting, and how it has influenced and been influenced by various personalities and events
We hope you are enjoying these articles and are willing to continue to follow along as we move through the process of selling our house, buying a new house (to become our home), and the adventures of learning about life in southern Illinois, Bruce & Karen.